Clarita's Bread Peach Pudding My Way
Updated: Apr 18, 2020
Light or Sugar reduced Caramel sauce for the bottom of the pan
6 to 8 slices of day old bread, crust removed
2 cups of milk, scalded
5 large eggs
5 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoons salt
1 vanilla extract
1 pound can or jar of chunk peaches, drained
1 cup pecans or walnuts
1/2 dry shredded coconut ( optional )
1. Glass baking pan ( 10 x 10 x 2) or ( 8 x 8 x 2)
2. Larger shallow glass dish for bain-marie
Prep time: 10 minutes to chop and measure ingredients
Cook time: 40 to 50 minutes
Set up bain-marie by placing the shallow pan larger than the baking pan, with enough warm water to come up the side of the baking pan. Then place the baking pan with caramel in the larger water filled pan.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Heat milk and add to bowl with torn bread
3. In separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat and then add this to the milk and bread mixture. Make sure the milk does not curdle so stir rapidly.
4. Add peaches to the bowl. Then pour into the prepared pan with caramel. Place into oven.
5. At the 20 minute interval, add the coconut-nut or just nut mixture to cover all the pudding. Then continue to bake another 15 to 20 minutes until the cake tester or knife is clear. It should acquire a golden crust perfection.